Your are reading : SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 1)
Windows Server Installation
Note : For this blog post I’ve installed Windows Server 2012 Datacenter x64 bit on Hyper-V
1) Download : Windows Server 2012 download
2) Start installation by booting from CD or DVD
Select Time and currency format, I’ve selected English (India)
Click on Install
Select “Windows Server 2012 Datacenter (Server with a GUI) x64
Accept the licence terms
select “Custom : Install windows only (Advanced)”
Installation process will start
Machine will reboot couple of times between installation.
Enter Password for default account Administrator.
Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to sign in
Change the name of Server
Go to System properties, Right click on Computer >> Properties and select "Change Settings”
Click on Change button under Computer Name tab.
Give name to Computer, I’ve given SP13 as I am going to use this machine for SharePoint 13 installation.
After this you will have to restart machine to apply changes.
Configure Active Directory
Once the machine restarted, you will see Server manager is already open. Click on Add roles and features
Select Role base or feature-based installation option and click Next.
Select Server from the Server pool and click Next.
Select check box option “Active Directory Domain Services”
after selecting option we will have to add prerequisite features for AD services.
Click on Add features.
Click Install button.
After installation don’t close the windows. we need to promote this server to domain controller.
Click on “promote this server to domain controller”.
Select option “Add a new forest” and enter fully qualified domain name. I’ve put “zsdev.com”.
Keep Forest functional level and Domain functional level to “Windows Server 2012”.
put password for Directory Service Restore Mode. And Click Next.
again Click Next.
keep the same NetBIOS domain name and click on Next button.
You can change Database folder, log and Sysvol path. i will keep as it is. and click Next.
Review your selection and click on Next button. and Begin Install.
Machine will restart after installation and ask your domain credentials to sign in.
Add User to Active Directory
Open Server Manager >> Tools >> Active Directory Users and Computers.
and Create Organization Unit by clicking on domain name >> New >> Organizational Unit name it Accounts.
Right click on Accounts >> New >> Users.
Don’t forget to uncheck “Users must change Password at next login”
and Check “Password never expires”.
Also read :
- Configure User Profile Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Search Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Managed Metadata Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Installation of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 1)]
- Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 2)]
- Installation and Configuration of SharePoint Server 13 [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 3)]