You are reading : SharePoint Server 2013 installation Part 2
Note : We need to install .net framework 3.5 features before proceeding further (follow this blog post to enable this feature on your windows server 2012)
1) Download : Microsoft SQL Server 2012
2) Create a user in Active directory and name it svcSQL. (Add User to Active Directory Blog post).
3) Add user SPAdmin to local administrator group which was created in last blog post.
To Add user to Administrators group : Go to : Server Manager >> Tools >> Active Directory Users and Computers
Then Click on Builtin OU and look for Administrators group, double click on that and jump on Members tab and Add SPAdmin
user to it’s members. that’s it.
Insert SQL Server 2012 media and start installation.
4) Click on Installation link.
7) Enter product key or select free edition and click Next.
8) Accept the License terms.
9) If you want to you can install updates or skip by uncheck select box and click Next.
Data Quality Service, Analysis Services, Reporting Services – Native, Reporting Services – SharePoint,
15) Now I’ve created three service account in Active directory named
- SQL Server Database Engine : svcSQL
- SQL Server Agent : svcSQLAgent
- SQL Server Analysis Service : svcSQLAnalysis
16) Select Mixed Mode SQL Server authentication and put password for sa account.
Click Add Current User button to add current user as SQL Server admin
17) Enter svcSQLAnalysis service account as admin for Analysis service access. and go Next.
18) Select Install Only option for Reporting service and go Next.
19) go Next.
20) go Next.
21) Click install button to finish.
and the installation of SQL server is done.
Also read :
- Configure User Profile Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Search Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Managed Metadata Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Installation of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 1)]
- Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 2)]
- Installation of SharePoint Server 13 [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 3)]
If any query please post comments