In this post I will tell you how to configure Managed Metadata Service Application on SharePoint Farm.
First of all we should know what is metadata service?
The Managed Metadata’s primary purpose is to provide you with a central location to store metadata (commonly defined as data about data) that can be utilised throughout any site within your SharePoint farm.
You can read here more in detail about Managed Metadata Service Application.
Here we start configuration of metadata server.
1) Open Central Administration, Go to Application Management >> Manage Service Application >> Click on New >> Select Managed Metadata Service.
You can give name to service whatever you want, I’ve given “Managed Metadata Service” for more clarity.
and Database name as Managed_Metadata.
Give AppPool name “SharePoint – Managed Metadata Service”
I’ve used svcMetadata service account for Application Pool Identity.
Click on OK.
Once the service is created you can see it listed on Managed Service Application Page.
Now we need to start Metadata Service from SharePoint Services on Server page.
for that go to Central Panel >> Under System Settings >> Manage Services on the server.
Start “Managed Metadata Web Service”
Go back to Manage Application Service and Open Metadata Service Application
This will launch the below screen which is referred to as the Term Management Tool.
Also read :
- Configure User Profile Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Search Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Configure Managed Metadata Service Application for SharePoint Server 2013
- Installation of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 1)]
- Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 step by step. [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 2)]
- Installation and Configuration of SharePoint Server 13 [SharePoint Server 13 Installation (Part 3)]